25 April Vacation Week Ideas for Families in Boston and Beyond
April Vacation is here! If you’re wondering what you’re going to do with the kids all week, don’t worry – we’ve got you covered. Read on for April Vacation Week ideas galore. And be sure to take a look at Audrey’s post 35+ Things to Do with Kids in the Boston Area for April Vacation for special vacation week events and programs.
1. Sign up for a writing workshop at 826 Boston.
2. Go hiking.
3. Take a trip to Portland, Maine.
4. Head to the MFA for kid-friendly movies (ages 5 and up) at the Boston International Children’s Film Festival.
5. Celebrate Patriots Day at a parade, concert, or re-enactment.
6. Start making Mother’s Day gifts.
7. Clown around and be wowed at the Big Apple Circus.
8. Explore Tower Hill Botanic Garden – admission is free for kids during vacation week!
9. Start planning your summer adventures together.
10. Take curiosity to a whole new level at the Cambridge Science Festival.
11. Sample the flavor of the day at B&J’s and spend the night in Stowe, VT.
12. Play diner at the Culinary Arts Museum before it closes in May.
13. Travel around the world in 8 crafty ways.
14. Visit Central Connecticut for spring fun.
15. Go for a bike ride.
16. Mine our Camp Mommy Pinterest board for lots of terrific ways to keep the kids entertained.
17. Experience the magic of a puppet show at Puppet Showplace Theatre.
18. Discover your own ten reasons for visiting the Providence Children’s Museum.
19. Play a few pranks on your kids. Who says April Fool's can't last for the whole month?
20. Experience a museum you’d never heard of before – for free.
21. Get creative in the kitchen with the kids.
22. Check out our Crafts for Kids and Parents Pinterest board for craftspiration.
23. Explore Fenway Park and discover behind-the-scenes locations – for free!
24. Make something really cool at one of these crafty places.
25. On a beautiful day, enjoy a meal in the sunshine.
- The Biggest Baby Shower Ever is Coming To Boston: A Q&A with Big City Mom Co-Founders
- This Week's Picks: Hispanic Heritage and Halloween Lights: Sept 29 – Oct 3
- Indoor Play Places in Rye: The Best Local Spots for Westchester Kids to Play and Learn
- Fun & Free Things to Do with LA Kids this Weekend: OC Kids' Book Fest, Abbot Kinney & Fall Harvest, Sept 27 - 28